Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Dress to Fish

This metamorphosis painting was a bit more difficult because it took a lot of thinking about how I wanted to portray my thoughts. For this project we were supposed to create an object and turn it into a living thing, with adding the whole color wheel in it. I wanted it to be different so I painted the colors of the background first, with all the shades and hues I needed. Then I went ahead and drew the dress with the mannequin bust turning into a fish, and painted those by a certain pattern but still in the correct colors of the wheel. Some elements put in this work are lines inside the three figures to create more depth and movement throughout the dress and the fish's tail. Patterns put in this would be how I used the actual colors for the background and the figures. As well as, all the different colors used in the color wheel. I think this piece has a lot of variety because there are many more colors than I would usually use on my art, and there really isn't much black or white. I do like how it turned out, however, I didn't imagine the finished product looking anything like this. It took a huge amount of my time, more than any other painting I have done for this class. But I'm still glad that I could achieve my goal, which was to use all the colors I needed and paint an object turning into a something living.

No comments:

Post a Comment