Thursday, December 8, 2016

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Fall

This is a texture painting that I truly enjoyed working on. I decided to make this an analogous-compliment painting because I wanted to use autumn colors for the leaves and shades of blue for the sky and tree trunks/branches. The variety throughout is created with the branches located everywhere along with the leaves. There is no specific shape, all organic with a hint of shadows displayed under leaves and on the tree trunks. In person is where one can really see the texture of the white and blue trunks because they are literally popping out of the canvas, as well as some branches. I think when viewers see this piece their eyes will move directly to the white tree trunks because they're positioned in the middle, they're tall, they compliment the orange and yellow leaves. The balance for this artwork is asymmetrical since no area is specifically the same as another. This was not a very difficult piece to finish, I think the hardest thing was getting the leaves to look like leaves. But I liked how it all came together anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment