Thursday, December 8, 2016

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

The Life of Two Cherries

The shapes and lines found in this painting are from what the fruits' form is. Very organic. I enjoy the colors used in this because they are the actual colors of the fruit and the colors it had on pictures from which I recreated. Although my attempt was to make them seem more realistic, they ended up looking sort of cartoon like. I liked working with the different values I never knew and noticed that it had. It took time to get it where I wanted this to be, but really liked the outcome seeing the color schemes and shadows on it really makes the whole thing just pop. I like how the white makes it seem as if there is a glare and how it still is a 3-dimensional piece. The space worked well because there was nothing of variety put in the background. This painting is very unified because the two cherries are side by side and not at random or separate places on the canvas. All in all, I'm glad with how this turned out because I had never done a piece that contained so much value.

No comments:

Post a Comment