Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

The Mask

For this pattern portrait there is a lot of line work throughout the face and suit. I decided to make it almost like a mask so that viewers can tell the difference from the neck, to skin, and ears. I also decided to match the tie with the color of the face just so it can have emphasis and balance with it. I wanted the patterns to be brighter than anything else on the painting so that that can be the main focus. I enjoyed making the background the way it turned out because everything else makes it blend in well. All I used was a Camel colored acrylic mixed with white paint, and spread it over the canvas with a palette knife. The different shapes created on the face are both geometric and organic. This painting was fun to do because they were colors and designs on the face I normally would not do on a face. It was something different and creative, and I personally really liked how it turned out because it is something unique for me that I never would've attempted if it weren't for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment