Thursday, December 8, 2016

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Modern Element

This is called Modern Element because it seems like it is something that would be put up in a contemporary hotel as an abstract piece. The basic components used in this are the two white curved lines that pass on the upper left portion of the painting. They create movement throughout the entire piece, especially with the different and asymmetrical shaped patterns. The colors I used were black and white, and shades of grey. My attempt was to make the work look more centered with common colors and not so random. To me, this painting is unified because although there are different shaped figures all over, it's the same color hue, as well as the same concept. I think if I had painted everything in many different colors, this piece would be more of a variety. This was the very first design painting that I did this semester so there are many things now that I would do differently. But at the same time this is something that I have felt accomplished of because it was a design that I had created. I like how this artwork is abstract and and unalike from the other paintings I've done.



No comments:

Post a Comment